Who can be a member of the DeKalb Emergency Services’ Association?
Anyone can be a member! We have membership categories for everyone:
1) Regular Membership (personnel with any DeKalb County emergency service agency (fire, law enforcement, rescue, 911 dispatchers, emergency medical services, and emergency management),
2) Associate Membership (any citizen who supports the mission of public safety), and Business/Organizational Membership (DeKalb County businesses or organizations who supports the mission of public safety).
How much are dues?
Annual membership dues are as follows:
Membership Dues are payable annually, beginning March 1st and no later than June 30th.
How is the Association’s operations funded and how are funds spent?
The DeKalb Emergency Services’ Association is unincorporated nonprofit association. As such, the DeKalb Emergency Services’ Association is funded through annual membership dues, donations, and occasional fundraisers. Funding is used to provide the basic operation of the Association (no officers or members receive any compensation), pay for expenses associated with community partnerships (such as Camp Phoenix),expenses related to promoting the mission of the Association (endorsement of candidates or legislation that promotes the general well-being of our public safety personnel and the citizens we protect), and providing annual scholarships to eligible graduating high school seniors who are continuing their education.
Is the DeKalb Emergency Services’ Association Partisan (does the Association support specific political parties)?
No, the DeKalb Emergency Services’ Association does not base its support or endorsement of any candidates or legislation on political party affiliation. The Association strictly endorses and/or supports based upon the mission of the Association to promote the general welfare of emergency services and personnel and to provide our DeKalb County communities with effective emergency response resources.
Why should you be a member of the DeKalb Emergency Services’ Association?
- By becoming a member of the DeKalb Firefighters Association, you will be joining a group of dedicated and concerned emergency service personnel working together with community leaders and citizens to discuss ways and means of sharing information for the betterment and support of the emergency services. Emergency services are the fabric of our communities and it takes special people to step up and dedicate their lives to such a noble service. This association is the voice emergency service personnel and supports those that protect our communities by dedicating counting hours of training, public education, and participation in community functions. The DeKalb Emergency Services’ Association is committed to improving the quality of life in our DeKalb County communities through training, emergency response, service, local and state government interaction, and community partnerships.
- Association Regular Members who have children, legally adopted children, and grandchildren of are eligible to apply for up to $500 scholarships presented to graduating seniors annually.
- Any member of the Association can participate in the various community activities that we support. This includes volunteering with Camp Phoenix, a week-long burn camp for adolescents and teens that we host right here in DeKalb County at the Indian Creek Youth Camp. This camp is sponsored by the Tennessee Burn Foundation and we always need volunteers who are looking for a rewarding and life-changing experience.
- Being a member of the Association allows emergency responders, community leaders, business people, and citizens to network with others who share a common interest in public safety.
- Members of the Association carry a strong unified voice on important issues that stretch across all areas of public safety concerns.
Support the DeKalb Firefighters Association through your membership.
Businesses, vendors, and individuals who wish to support our emergency service personnel may join as associate members. Associate Membership applications are available from any officer or member of the DeKalb Emergency Services’ Association.
Personnel of any DeKalb County emergency response agency may join as a member. Please contact your department head or any office of the DeKalb Emergency Services’ Association to obtain a membership application or for more information on becoming a member. If you need additional assistance, please feel free to contact anyone on the contact page.
The mission of the DeKalb Emergency Services’ Association shall be to promote the general welfare of emergency services and personnel and to provide our DeKalb County communities with effective emergency response resources.